Tags: Outdoor Furniture, Hot Tub Or Spa, Time To Open The Pool, new ides for cookouts, Healthy Lifestyle, Poolside entertaining, Pool Q&A, Celebrating Poolside, brunch by the pool, swimming pool opening, Outdoor Living
With only 3 ingredients.
Gluten free & under 100 calories a serving!
Makes: 6 POPSICLES
Prep time: 10 MINUTES
Total time: 6-8 HOURS
These super simple, protein-packed 3 Ingredient Blueberry Yogurt Swirl Popsicles will help keep family and friends hydrated on those poolside summer afternoons!
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons agave or honey
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- Popsicle molds
- Popsicle sticks
- Blend the blueberries in a blender or a food processor at a high-speed setting until nearly liquefied. You want to achieve a smoothie-like consistency.
- Pour the blueberry mixture into a large bowl adding the agave/honey. Next, slowly stir in the yogurt, gently mixing the three ingredients.
- For a tie-dye look do not fully blend the yogurt and blueberries. The mixture will be thick. Give it a taste and adjust by adding more sweetener if needed/desired.
- Pour mixture evenly into each popsicle molds inserting sticks before freezing.
- Quickly run popsicle molds under warm water to easily remove the frozen treats & enjoy!!!
*Try replacing the blueberries with other summer favorite fruits and enjoy a variety of versions Living Poolside!
Tags: entertaining by the pool, Fitness & wellness, Living Poolside, poolside snacks, Popsicle Recipe, Homemade Popsicles, Blueberry Popsicles, Easy Poolside Recipes, Food & Fun, Gluten Free Snacks, Gluten Free Popsicles, Family Fitness, Family Outdoors, Celebrating Poolside, brunch by the pool, Blueberry Yogurt Popsicles, Under 100 Calorie Snacks
Cool off on those long, hot summer afternoons with a:
Pineapple Ginger Ale Splash Serves 4
- 1 12-ounce can ginger ale
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- Optional fresh pineapple slices for garnish
- In a pitcher, combine the ginger ale & pineapple juice. Serve over ice (with an optional piece of pineapple).
- For a cocktail: Stir in 1/2 cup light rum.
Whether you are celebrating Mother’s Day, or just want to spoil her a bit, we have the plan for making Mom feel special. Start by collecting a few new items for her to use when enjoying her time poolside. You could place these in a new canvas tote or a gift bag of your choice:
Ideas For Mom’s Poolside Gift Bag:
1) Flip flops
3) Her favorite sunscreen
4) Her favorite after sun lotion
5) Luxurious new beach/pool towels
6) Wide brimmed hat
7) Novel or favorite magazines
Now that you have her poolside & enjoying several of her favorite things you can get to work on a scrumptious brunch/snack just for her.
Apricot Yogurt Scones
1 cup dried apricots, roughly chopped
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 large egg
3/4 cup plain yogurt (regular or low-fat)
1/4 cup milk (whole or skim – either works fine)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the glaze: (Optional)
1 cup confectioner's sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
Soak the apricots in one cup of very hot water for about 10 minutes (to plump them a bit) then drain, pat dry, & set aside.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder and soda, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the butter cutting it into the flour with your fingertips until no pieces larger than a pea remain. Now drain the apricots and add to the mixture tossing to coat with flour.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt, milk, & vanilla. Pour over the dry mix and use a spatula or wooden spoon to gently mix together. Mix just until there is no more dry flour visible in the dough.
Use a 1/2-cup measure to scoop out the dough and drop it onto the baking sheet. Space the scones about an inch apart. Floured hands work best to gently pat the mounds into rounds & clean up the edges.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the scones are firm to the touch, golden on top, and browned on the bottom. Once the scones have cooled completely, whisk together the glaze ingredients & drizzle approx. a spoonful on the top of each. The glaze will harden within fifteen minutes.
Scones will keep in an airtight container for three days but are best the day that they are made. These scones are moister than most and don’t crumble as easily as traditional scones making them perfect for nibbling poolside.
These are excellent served with coffee, ice tea, Mimosas or any beverage of her choice! She will feel like royalty as you celebrate her love of family & Living Poolside!