Tags: Outdoor Furniture, Hot Tub Or Spa, Time To Open The Pool, new ides for cookouts, Healthy Lifestyle, Poolside entertaining, Pool Q&A, Celebrating Poolside, brunch by the pool, swimming pool opening, Outdoor Living
We believe you will find this list of 25 reasons to own a swimming pool useful. Whether you are in the process of adding a swimming pool to your home or just beginning to consider the idea AND, we believe of few of these interesting facts may surprise you!
Family & Friends - Always Our No. 1 Consideration.
- Teach your children to swim!
- Pool toys for kids of all ages (new floats are amazing for adults relaxing!)
- Stop the “We are bored” for the summer.
- Encourages family togetherness.
- Making memories in & around the centerpiece of your outdoor living area.
- Pool parties for all ages: child, teenagers, adults!
- Your backyard is the hangout for #6 keeping everyone close!
- The best place to fire up that grill.
- Date night under the stars.
- With the use of heaters, chillers, fireplaces & today’s pool houses, the pool area is useable 12 months a year – year round resort living!
- Pools are an entertainer’s paradise!
- Today’s technology makes owning a pool practically maintenance free while controlling your total pool environment with a swipe of your thumb!
Health & Wellness Always A Close 2nd!
- A good investment in a more active & healthy lifestyle.
- Swimming is a life skill and a lifetime sport.
- One of the best ways to keep your children safe in & around water is to teach them to swim at an early age.
- Swimming is proven to increase self-esteem in children.
- The perfect place to relax & unwind.
- Swimming is easy on the joints.
- Swimming can help you sleep better.
- Beat the heat of the summer.
- Benefits your immune system.
- Benefits your brain!
- Great exercise for those who need activities easy on the joints.
- Slows the aging process.
- Swimming utilizes/exercises almost every muscle in the body.
Want to hear more or looking for a resource to answer your specific questions? Check out our associate locator & find a Master Pools Guild member builder near you!
We wish you a lifetime of memories and active, outdoor living poolside!!!!
Celebrating the start of a New Year began some 4,000 years ago with the Babylonians who rang in their new year with a festival in March that spanned 11-days. Ancient Egyptians celebrated their New Year during the annual rise of the Nile River. By 46 B.C., Roman emperor Julius Caesar, in honor of the Roman god of beginnings – Janus – moved the start of the New Year to January 1st.
The Babylonians are credited with creating the practice of making New Year’s resolutions. Babylonians reportedly made promises to the gods hoping this would bring them good favor in the year to come.
As Roman history unfolded, the switch from celebrating the New Year during March – which is associated with Mars, the god of war, to celebrating in January – which is associated with Janus, a god of home and hearth, seems to follow the Roman society’s progression as they gradually shifted away from a more warlike society. In Rome, the first half of New Year’s Day would have been filled with public ceremonies, oath-taking by government officials and temple sacrifices while the second half of the day was filled with social activities. Romans would bring each other gifts for a “sweet new year” like honey, pears or other sweets.
Today, one in three people will make a New Year’s resolution. Below is a list of the top 10 resolutions made for 2015.
Top 10 New Years Resolutions in 2015
1- Lose Weight
2- Get Organized
3- Spend Less & Save More
4- Enjoy Life To The Fullest
5- Stay Fit & Healthy
6- Learn Something New
7- Quit Smoking
8- Help Others
9- Fall In Love
10-Spend More Time With Family
Are you among those looking to press a reset button in one of the above areas? If so, we toast to your success & would like to edit the above list in a light-hearted way to the following:
Top 10 New Years Resolutions Poolside
1- Lose Weight – swimming can burn 600 calories an hour!
2- Get Organized – everything in its place inside & outside the house.
3- Spend Less & Save More – pool owners can make upgrades with new technology that offers big savings.
4- Enjoy Life To The Fullest – life by the pool – enough said!
5- Stay Fit & Healthy – an active lifestyle in & around the pool.
6- Learn Something New – build an outdoor kitchen & master those new cooking skills!
7- Quit Smoking – do it!
8- Help Others – teach a child to swim or donate to an organization that does.
9- Fall In Love – romantic dinners poolside (use those new skills from #6).
10-Spend More Time With Family – again, life by the pool with the ones you love!
So here’s to all of us who are making New Year’s resolutions this year and our sincere best wishes to all for a happy & healthy New Year from your friends at the Master Pools Guild.